The Pixel Pitch, Power to the Pixel’s ground-breaking new pitching forum taking place on 15 October, brings seven cross-media film projects to the stage before an assembly of over 25 international jurors made up of industry leaders from across the globe. With a diverse range of experience from the film, advertising, games and online industries, jurors include David Garrett, President of Summit International, Ray Maguire, President (UK) Sony Computer Entertainment, Sara Pollack, Head of Entertainment from YouTube and Peter Cowley, Head of Digital, Endemol.
With 10 minutes to pitch their project to a roundtable of up to 6 jurors, in front of a public audience of 200 people, teams will receive feedback and advice from the roundtables. The jury will ultimately decide which lucky team will walk away with the £6,000 Babelgum Pixel Pitch Award at an evening awards ceremony.
Also bringing their expertise to the day are Michel Reilhac, Executive Director of Arte France Cinema, who oversees film acquisitions for ARTE France; Sally Caplan, Head of Premiere Fund, UK Film Council; Omid Ashtari, Agent at Creative Artists Agency and Colleen Woodcock, Head of Creative Affairs at Pathe.
Key representatives from the world of advertising include Ben Malbon, Co-Founder of BBH Labs, a global innovation unit that explores new models of creative collaboration and emerging forms of cross-platform storytelling for brands. Mark Wood brings brand integration expertise through his company Krempelwood, which marries brands with programming. And Strategy Director, Sara Tate, from the creative agency Mother, offers her unique expertise in this area.
Rosie Allimonos, Multi-platform Commissioning Executive at the BBC is responsible for commissioning content across all non-TV platforms (web, mobile, interactive TV) for BBC Drama, BBC Films and Acquisitions. Channel 4 Commissioning Editor Adam Gee has commissioned a wide range of multiplatform interactive projects including Big Art Mob, Sexperience, Picture This and Embarrassing Bodies. Other financing entities represented at The Pixel Pitch include the Arts Council England, Centre National du Cinéma (CNC), Orange Vallée and the UK Film Council.
Here is the full list of jurors:
- Rosie Allimonos, Multiplatform Commissioning Executive, BBC
- Omid Ashtari, Agent, CAA
- Rachel Baker, Media Arts Officer, Arts Council England
- Guillaume Blanchot, Head of New Media & Video Game Department, CNC
- Nicolas Bry, Senior VP, Orange Vallée
- Sally Caplan, Head of Premiere Fund, UK Film Council
- Peter Cowley, Managing Director of Digital Media, Endemol UK
- Serena Cullen, Director of Drama & Comedy, Sony TV International
- Christy Dena, Director, Universe Creation 101
- Lizzie Francke, Development Producer, UK Film Council
- David Garrett, President, Summit International
- Adam Gee, Commissioning Editor, Channel 4
- Ben Grass, Managing Director, Pure Grass Films
- Ted Hope, Producer and Co-Founder, This is that corporation
- Dan Lawson, Head of Production, Screen West Midlands
- Ray Maguire, President, Sony CE in UK, Ireland and Nordic
- Ben Malbon, Managing Partner & Founder, BBH Labs
- Karol Martesko-Fenster, General Manager & Publisher, Film Division, Babelgum
- Sara Pollack, Entertainment Marketing Manager, YouTube
- Michel Reilhac, Director, Arte France Cinema
- Kelly Sweeney, Head of Original Productions, Bebo
- Sara Tate, Strategy Director, Mother
- Lance Weiler, Filmmaker, Story Architect and Digital Innovator
- David G. Wilson, Head of Creative & Business Affairs, EON
- Mark Wood, Co-founder, Krempelwood
- Colleen Woodcock, Head of Creative Affairs, Pathe
Be part of the audience and witness the future of filmmaking. Tickets are only £15. Buy one now!